Sunday, December 11, 2011

the perfect sexual encounter

i'm drawing in bed or on a train or something and it's not quite coming out right.  i'm patient but growing steadily frustrated i feel i keep trying to make something beautiful, it's in there, just out of reach.  he looks over observing my work for a couple minutes, he is amused and pleased/ he knows exactly what needs to happen but enjoys watching me figure it out.  after a while my frustration becomes palpable though i keep going.  he gently and effortlessly takes the pen and paper from my hands and starts to work.  he moves the pencil gracefully over the notebook, he is confident and proficient, intent and relaxed.  before i've watched for nearly as long at as i might've liked, he hands me back the drawing with a kind and satisfied smile.  it's exactly what i had been looking for.